Sunday, January 28, 2018

January 28, 2018 Sunday #Prayerresults#Waynesworld#JU!

Get Faith
Psalm 26:2-3  "Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth."  Last year I was getting closer to my lung cancer surgery on the 31st.  I prayed a lot because I was extremely worried about the pain of the surgery and the outcome of the results.  I came through with flying colors and little discomfort and a great prognosis.  My go to verse this past year was from Isaiah 40:31  "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not be faint."  I'm here to say that  prayer works.  The Lord has more work for me I believe.  And I thank Him for the opportunity.

On this day
1994  It was a Friday and after work Mom, Nicole and I went to Shores Inn for dinner.  We dropped off Mom at home and Nicole and I went to see Wayne's World 2.  It wouldn't have been a movie Grandma wanted to see, although she loved the Eminim movie 8 Mile. ?   Now thinking back I'm questioning why I took my 9 year old to see Wayne's World.  It wasn't toooo inappropriate was it? 

1994 - In Los Angeles, Superior Court Judge Stanley Weisberg declared a mistrial in the case of Lyle Menendez in the murder of his parents. Lyle, and his brother Erik, were both retried later and were found guilty. They were sentenced to life in prison without parole. This has been so long ago that they have already done a remake on the original movie.  Why are we so intrigued with this type of news?

Jonkoping Sweden Culture
JU is one of the most international universities in Sweden in terms of the number of international students and faculty as well as student-exchange opportunities. Research is also largely internationally focused, which translates into internationally relevant programmes and courses. We’re home to Jönköping International Business School (the first school in Sweden to gain both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation) and have a strong focus on entrepreneurship throughout the university.
Outside of the classroom, we’re known for having one of the best orientation weeks for new students in the country and guarantee accommodation for international students.  If you are considering studying abroad!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Kathleen and Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment