Monday, January 29, 2018

January 29, 2018 Monday #muscles#lessonslearned#intergenerational#5inarow#sightseeingSweden

Get Fit
I saw an eighty or so woman that had been seriously lifting weights for quite a while.  You could tell by her skin that she was elderly but you should have seen the definition of muscles.  Maybe even a little creepy, but impressive.  I'd rather hide that body under my clothes than the saggy wrinkled one we usually have growing older.  With that said, I lifted weights today.

Get Faith
1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."  Remembering my own youth, I feel like this is a hard practice.  I was a "sow your wild oats" type of person and then settled to raise a child that would NOT follow in my footsteps.  Oh, she is a lot like me in many ways, confident, purposeful, responsible and faithful but, I feel like she skipped (some) of the traps of youthful living.
She applies more of the practices that Timothy spoke of above.  I thank God for my daughter.

On this day
1995  Was a Sunday and Nicole had made friends with the two Rajda boys so, we went to their house after church for lunch.  Pam and I had a nice chat while the kids played and then Nicole and I left for home.  We stopped on the way at St Mary's to visit a lady from our church.  Mrs. Dobson, or Dobby, as we called her, was a sweet lady that had been a building block in our church and now we liked to stop and visit when we could.  She loved the children to come and see her and always had a jar of candy waiting for them.  Tying generations together is an important factor in a church congregation.  It is what the Bible teaches us - respect for all generations.

1995 - The San Francisco 49ers became the first team in National Football League (NFL) history to win five Super Bowl titles. The 49ers defeated the San Diego Chargers 49-26. Remember this for next Sunday!

Jonkoping Sweden
Lets tie up some loose ends, we will be leaving here in a few days. I hope we stayed here!
Si↙🏋🏋🏋🏋🏋🏋🏋Shopping for mementos
nightlife!

Relaxing!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday DJ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment