Thursday, May 24, 2018

May 24, 2018 Thursday#Myjoy#Celebrate#responsibly#Cyril&Methodius!

Get Faith
Ephesians 4:32  "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."  Be like Jesus, in other words, our greatest example of how to live.  My daughter is the best practicer (is that a word)  I know of when I think of this.  Today is her 33rd birthday and I can't guess what my life would be like if she hadn't been born 33 years ago, and I don't want to.  It actually frightens me to think about it.  Not only did I get to be a mom, and enjoy everyday life experiences with her, but in my demand to keep her in the faith, my faith has been restored and I am a much better person.  God blessed me on this day and everyday of my life with Nicole.  I know her life will be rich in joy and faith as she spends her life with Kristin. 

GetFit
I celebrated by dancing like David this morning.  Only, it was with Richard.  The great thing is you get to sing while you are dancing - Soul Man.........

On this day
1968  My life when I was 21 and undecided was typical for the times I think.  I  was going to be married later in the year but for now - Don was off riding his motorcycle with the club (Highwaymen) to the Drifters clubhouse.  I went out with Sandy, Jeanie, Nancy and John to the Grandale Lounge.  It was a local place we went to dance and drink.  It was a way different world back then.  I was more worried about crashing and hurting my car than getting arrested for drunk driving.  It is a miracle we survived those days.

1624 - After years of unprofitable operation Virginia’s charter was revoked and it became a royal colony. That's what happens if you don't do well - you get revoked, ouch.

Sofia Bulgaria
May 24:  Sts. Cyril and Methodius Day (celebrating Bulgarian culture and the Cyrillic alphabet; closures)

Saints Cyril and Methodius (826–869, 815–885; GreekΚύριλλος καὶ ΜεθόδιοςOld Church SlavonicКѷриллъ и Меѳодїи[more]) were two brothers who were Byzantine Christian theologians and Christian missionaries. Through their work they influenced the cultural development of all Slavs, for which they received the title "Apostles to the Slavs". They are credited with devising the Glagolitic alphabet, the first alphabet used to transcribe Old Church Slavonic.[4] After their deaths, their pupils continued their missionary work among other Slavs. Both brothers are venerated in the Orthodox Church as saints with the title of "equal-to-apostles". In 1880, Pope Leo XIII introduced their feast into the calendar of the Roman Catholic Church. In 1980, Pope John Paul II declared them co-patron saints of Europe, together with Benedict of Nursia.[5]  AND the Methodist church was established on this day!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Nicole and Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment