Tuesday, August 14, 2018

August 14, 2018 Tuesday#Joyandasmile#bellyfat#MasterGardner#TheCitadel#Prepared

Get Faith
Philippians 4:4-5  "Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice! Let everyone see that you are unselfish and considerate in all you do."  I have a cross hanging from my mirror in my car and it reminds me to be kind and considerate while I am driving.  Remember if you have a Christian symbol of any type not to flip off another driver, seriously.

Get Fit
Worked out with the resistance bands this morning which does nothing to remove my belly fat.  If only I didn't love ice cream so much, oh and a beer..... come to think of it, I don't mind my belly fat that much.

On this day
1995 - I was still at St Paul's Lutheran Church and had started working under the Master Gardner Paula over there.  So on this day she had given me instructions on what needed to be done.  I am not sure I learned anything from her, I don't remember except that I started using more perennials in my yard after that, so maybe, thanks Paula!  When I got home I called Waynette - today is her birthday and we will celebrate later with wine.

1995 - Shannon Faulkner became the first female cadet in the history of The Citadel, South Carolina's state military college. She quit the school less than a week later.  If I recall correctly she was bullied out.  Commendable.

Vietnam

Military

Vietnamese troops on one of the disputed Spratly Islands in 2009
The Vietnam People's Armed Forces consists of the Vietnam People's Army, the Vietnam People's Public Security and the Vietnam Civil Defense Force. The Vietnam People's Army (VPA) is the official name for the active military services of Vietnam, and is subdivided into the Vietnam People's Ground Forces, the Vietnam People's Navy, the Vietnam People's Air Force, the Vietnam Border Defense Force and the Vietnam Coast Guard. The VPA has an active manpower of around 450,000, but its total strength, including paramilitary forces, may be as high as 5,000,000.[92] In 2011, Vietnam's military expenditure totalled approximately US$2.48 billion, equivalent to around 2.5% of its 2010 GDP.[93]  I guess they are prepared.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Waynette and Colleen M.!


No comments:

Post a Comment