Friday, August 3, 2018

August 3, 2018 Friday #VBS#Nap#brokenrelationships#reconstruction!

Get Faith
Psalm 89:15  "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord."  I saw a lot of these people this week at Vacation Bible School - women my age trying to stay involved, moms with children in the programs, camp staff with their special brand of the Love of God, and teenagers who were either eager or coerced to serve.  By today, after a week of activity above what most of us are accustomed to, we all - including the kids looked happy but tired.  I just prayed that if any of the children fell asleep during the video it wouldn't be Mack, a healthy robust 5 year old who nestled himself into my lap. (He must weigh 65 lbs)  I might or might not have poked him occasionally.   Even at the closing ceremony Pastor Justin, playing the guitar, lost his place in one of the songs and sadly picked up where I was singing the wrong words.  Fortunately we were able to recover and get back to the song. (laughing)  My favorite quote is during the story of the crippled man outside the temple, when the children were asked what they could do for this poor man who begged for money and food as he was unable to walk.  One young man shouted "take him to Target"
Or pray.

Get Fit
I am not.  After dropping off Mack's Angry Bird, red glasses at his house after VBS - I went home and fell asleep for 2 hours on the couch.  I know I will get back on track, maybe tomorrow so I'll be ready to carry Mack if I have to. 

On this day
1980   I was hanging with a lot of friends that I knew but were all half of the couples that I was used to.  I was also one of those, Pete and I had parted for the last time and he was not happy about me still hanging out with the crowd.  Charley and Robyn had split and Rich and Renee were falling apart.  We all just regrouped and went about the same activities - boating and drinking which we did at Ford's Cove on this day.  Turns out I ended up being a marriage counselor for these couples and some did get back together.  It was tough on a relationship with the life style.

1492 - Christopher Columbus left Palos, Spain with three ships. The voyage led him to what is now known as the Americas. He reached the Bahamas on October 12.  Remember this date for Jeopardy.

Vietnam
Vietnam was then unified under a Communist government but remained impoverished and politically isolated. In 1986, the Communist Party of Vietnam initiated a series of economic and political reforms that began Vietnam's path toward integration into the world economy.[12] By 2000, it had established diplomatic relations with all nations. Since 2000, Vietnam's economic growth rate has been among the highest in the world,[12] and, in 2011, it had the highest Global Growth Generators Index among 11 major economies.[13] Its successful economic reforms resulted in its joining the World Trade Organization in 2007. It is also a member of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation and the Organisation Internationale de la FrancophonieI did not know this but am happy to know that all the blood in their soil has come to a good end.

enjoy the day!  make it memorable!!  Happy Birthday Angela!

No comments:

Post a Comment