Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August 27, 2018 Monday #All are welcome#I'm an oldie#The Blohms#Milton#Hope

Get Faith
Mark 2:15 "Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi's house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him."  Jesus himself said "I did not come to save the righteous, but the sinners."  Jesus came to rescue God's people, the ones that needed rescuing. He came to help the helpless, heal the sick in spirit and lift those who had lost hope in ever receiving salvation.  Do you need Him?  He is here for you.

Get Fit
After yet another weekend of eating and drinking, it is time to get back on the wagon to good health.  Not that the food I ate wasn't healthy, it was, except maybe that chocolate cake and ice cream, but hey!  You gotta have it once in a while!  So I started the day with Richard dancing to "I'm a soul Man"  You know how I love those oldies!  My heart races just listening, but I did the aerobics too..

On this day
2011  I was going through a tough time with my health.  I had colon surgery set for the upcoming Friday so I was trying to put my house and everything in order.  I went over to Clancy's and picked up some pails of stones to fill in the holes behind the house - again, and took care of the gardens.  That evening Waynette, Tilly, Mark Fett and I drove out to John and Betty Blohms house for our dinner for six group.  We are always wondering what years and who was in what group so here is this one, to answer for this year.  I am still in a group, now for 10 with the Blohms. 

1660 - The books of John Milton were burned in London due to his attacks on King Charles II. And yet some remained.  John Milton, (born December 9, 1608, London, England—died November 8?, 1674, London?), English poet, pamphleteer, and historian, considered the most significant English author after William Shakespeare.
Milton is best known for Paradise Lost, widely regarded as the greatest epic  poem in English. Together with Paradise Regained and Samson Agonistes, to name a few
Vietnam
About 8% of the population are Christians, totalling around six million Roman Catholics and fewer than one million Protestants. Catholicism was introduced to Vietnam by Portuguese and Dutch traders in the 16th and 17th centuries and propagated by French missionaries in the 19th and 20th centuries. Protestantism was spread by American missionaries during the Vietnam War, largely among the Montagnards of South Vietnam.
The largest Protestant churches are the Evangelical Church of Vietnam and the Montagnard Evangelical Church. Two-thirds of Vietnam's Protestants are reportedly members of ethnic minorities.[141] Although a small religious minority, Protestantism is claimed to be the country's fastest-growing religion, expanding at a rate of 600% in the previous decade.[142]  That is encouraging, to me at least.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy birthday Demetrius!

No comments:

Post a Comment