Sunday, August 19, 2018

August 19, 2018 Sunday#Patiently#Battle#lost control#Gold Rush#Progress

Get Faith
Psalm 40:1  "I waited patiently for the Lord, he turned to me and heard my cry."  I  read my Bible first thing every morning.  I have reached a point in my life that it is the most important thing I can do to start my day right.  I started reading Genesis with the Bible study group on Thursday mornings and then they went on to Exodus and I have just continued on.  I'm finishing Deuteronomy and I also read from the suggested reading from our daily devotional.  Everyday, every reading tells me to trust in God, to stay on His path and to believe that Christ is the true answer to all of our prayers for our lives.  Constant reminders of His great love for us and the earth He so lovingly created.  I will wait patiently for the Lord, always.

Get Fit
My problem is I love food and as I get older it is settling in the middle.  I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe so I must cut back on eating OR workout like crazy all day.  How about you?  What is your situation in this weight vs exercise thing?

On this day
2001  Once they have their drivers license and a car you loose a little control over there locations.  This was a Sunday and Mom and I went to church.  Nicole had soccer.  See when I was in control there was no sports on Sunday morning.  Mom and I went to the Schmidt's after church for lunch, they hosted one every year and the food was so good.   Then the party was over I went to KMart (which I miss terribly now) and then I painted the little bedroom because Nicole had basketball practice.  See what I mean about losing control?  How did you or are you? handling that?

1848 - The discovery of gold in California was reported by the New York Herald.  What a rush!!!

Vietnam
Manufacturing, information technology and high-tech industries now form a large and fast-growing part of the national economy. Though Vietnam is a relative newcomer to the oil industry, it is currently the third-largest oil producer in Southeast Asia, with a total 2011 output of 318,000 barrels per day (50,600 m3/d).[104] In 2010, Vietnam was ranked as the 8th largest crude petroleum producers in the Asia and Pacific region.[105] Like its Chinese neighbours, Vietnam continues to make use of centrally planned economic five-year plans.
Deep poverty, defined as the percentage of the population living on less than $1 per day, has declined significantly in Vietnam, and the relative poverty rate is now less than that of China, India, and the Philippines.[106] This decline in the poverty rate can be attributed to equitable economic policies aimed at improving living standards and preventing the rise of inequality; these policies have included egalitarian land distribution during the initial stages of the Đổi Mới program, investment in poorer remote areas, and subsidising of education and healthcare.[107] According to the IMF, the unemployment rate in Vietnam stood at 4.46% in 2012.[7]  Progress, they have learned from failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment