Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August 22, 2018 Wednesday#Shape up#Good shape#Church and Albion#Bad drivers

Get Faith
Jeremiah 18:6  "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand.  Only if you are open to be shaped into the best you can be, if you opt out, heaven only knows what shape you might be in.

Get Fit
I went to my doctor yesterday and he said I was in great shape!  All of my numbers came in right and he pooh poohed my leg veins - "everybody gets those"  he said.  So, I guess I will stick with the same program and let God shape my soul.

On this day
2004  Our Pastor was in Australia so the congregation was on its own this day.  I went to both services and I led the liturgy at the 10:30 service.  It was the first day that I noted that Waynette came to church.  When I got home Chris Lynch came over with her mini van and we loaded up Nicole and moved her back to Albion.  I remember there was a lot of road construction and Chrissy and I had a lonnng ride home.  It was easier taking her back to college this year then the year before - when Marty and I cried all the way home.  We lost Marty to a brain aneurysm the past year so his sister Chris came and filled in.  We may have cried about Marty on the way home.

2004 - In Oslo, Norway, a version of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" and his work "Madonna" were stolen from the Munch Museum. This version of "The Scream," one of four different versions, was a tempera painting on board. Wonder if it has been found.

Vietnam

Road

A section of the North–South Expressway linking Cầu Giẽ and Ninh Bình
Vietnam's road system includes national roads administered at the central level, provincial roads managed at the provincial level, district roads managed at the district level, urban roads managed by cities and towns, and commune roads managed at the commune level. Bicycles, motor scooters and motorcycles remain the most popular forms of road transport in Vietnam's urban areas, although the number of privately owned automobiles is also on the rise, especially in the larger cities. Public buses operated by private companies are the main mode of long-distance travel for much of the population.
Road safety is a serious issue in Vietnam – on average, 30 people are killed in traffic accidents every day.[117] Traffic congestion is a growing problem in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, as the cities' roads struggle to cope with the boom in automobile use.  Sounds like they should stick to the buses.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Linda, Carmen, Lauren, Kevin and Ken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment