Sunday, August 26, 2018

August 26, 2018 Sunday #The path#Good health#Friends#Pieta#8.2%Christian

Get Faith
Deuteronomy 30:19-20  "Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord you God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him.  For the Lord is your life."  This is my path.  I have always believed in God, feared and trusted in Him and when Nicole was born I promised that I would bring her up in the church and I prayed she would keep the faith as well.  I have been blessed that not only is she faithful but her life's work is for the Lord.  God has been so very good to me in answering my prayers and caring for me.  I hope the same for everyone.

Get fit
Being healthy is on everyone's mind these days.  I think half of the ads on TV are about eating right and getting exercise.  Lately I have heard more about the importance of rest and sleep and how necessary it is to good health.  Check your habits and see if you can improve on your current status with taking care of yourself.  It is important - oh and get those check ups!!

On this day
2013  My life had changed I was now retired, but somethings never change.  Today is my friend Pam's birthday, we have been friends since 1973 and always celebrate birthdays and do dinner every month.  On this day in 2013 we (Pam, Norma and I) went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner.  Today Norma is having dinner and I'm bringing salad and cake.  I love all my friends.

1498 - Michelangelo was commissioned to make the "Pieta." 
It is beautiful.

Vietnam
According to an analysis by the Pew Research Center, in 2010 about 45.3% of the Vietnamese adhere to indigenous religions, 16.4% to Buddhism, 8.2% to Christianity, 0.4% to other faiths, and 29.6% of the population isn't religious.[136]

According to the General Statistics Office of Vietnam's report for 1 April 2009, 6.8 million (or 7.9% of the total population) are practicing Buddhists, 5.7 million (6.6%) are Catholics, 1.4 million (1.7%) are adherents of Hòa Hảo, 0.8 million (0.9%) practise Caodaism, and 0.7 million (0.9%) are Protestants. In total, 15,651,467 Vietnamese (18.2%) are formally registered in a religion.[137] According to the 2009 census, while over 10 million people have taken refuge in the Three Jewels of Buddhism,[138][139] the vast majority of Vietnamese people practice ancestor worship in some form. According to a 2007 report, 81% of the Vietnamese people do not believe in a God.[140]  Not surprising to me, to my knowledge 
communist countries don't encourage religion.  Too bad.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment