Sunday, August 5, 2018

August 5, 2018 Sunday#Friends#beyourownbestfriend#500,000BCwow!

Get Faith
Proverbs 18:24  "There is a friend who sticks closer than  brother (or sister)."  I hope you have a good friend that you can share your joys and sorrows with.  Maybe, like me, you have different friends for different reasons, that share different aspects of your life.  On Wednesday a girlfriend from church had a girlfriend party 25-30 women that brought food and wine (mostly) to celebrate girlfriends day.  Then on Friday my boating friends from 45 years, celebrated Norma's birthday birthday over dinner.  I have others that are part of my everyday life and a few that I call when I need emotional support.  But, there is one friend who is always by our side, ready to hear our troubles and ready to rejoice with us when we are happy, Jesus - go see him today!

Get Fit
This has not been my best year for sticking to my own good advice.  Sometimes you need to listen to someone else.

On this day
1983  I listed a lot of activity - dropped off insulin to my brother Mark and many other things for friends and family.  I must have been overwhelmed because I said I felt "caged".  It isn't something I felt or said so it must of been building.  Do you often do for a lot of people, answer the call of need to friends and family, feel overburdened with kids, husband, housework and forget about your own needs?  It happens to many people and it does pass but we often have to look at these events and slow down to answer our own needs.  We all know you can't help someone else if you can't help yourself first.  Take a day today and breathe.

1833 - The village of Chicago was incorporated. The population was approximately 250. Wow only 250?

Vietnam

Prehistory

Đông Sơn bronze drum, circa 800 BC
Archaeological excavations have revealed the existence of humans in what is now Vietnam as early as the Paleolithic age. Homo erectus fossils dating to around 500,000 BC have been found in caves in Lạng Sơn and Nghệ An provinces in northern Vietnam.[19] The oldest Homo sapiens fossils from mainland Southeast Asia are of Middle Pleistocene provenance, and include isolated tooth fragments from Tham Om and Hang Hum.[20] Teeth attributed to Homo sapiens from the Late Pleistocene have also been found at Dong Can,[21] and from the Early Holocene at Mai Da Dieu,[21] Lang Gao[22] and Lang Cuom.[23]
By about 1000 BC, the development of wet-rice cultivation and bronze casting in the Ma River and Red River floodplains led to the flourishing of the Đông Sơn culture, notable for its elaborate bronze Đông Sơn drums. At this time, the early Vietnamese kingdoms of Văn Lang and Âu Lạc appeared, and the culture's influence spread to other parts of Southeast Asia, including Maritime Southeast Asia, throughout the first millennium BC.[24][25][26]
I understand why people become archaeologists.  It must be fascinating to find these things.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Andre!

No comments:

Post a Comment