Wednesday, November 14, 2018

November 14, 2018 Wednesday #Friends#Fit to be tied#Busy#Eilean a' Trosg(Gaelic)

Get Faith
Psalm 104:24  "O Lord, what a variety you have made!  And in wisdom you have made them all!  The earth is full of your riches."   When you are considering what you should thank God for this month, consider all the works of His hands.  That should keep you busy for a while.  Today I ran over to a friends business to open the yard and doors so his workers could get in.  We have been friends for 45 years and although the scale tips heavily in my favor, we are there for each other.  So today I thank God for friends and I have many.  They make our lives so much better.

Get fit
Today I had a fit.  My cat was sick last night and HAD to go outside at 10:55.  I knew this was bad.  It went down into the 20's here and I was up till 3:00 am trying to get him  back in the house.  He finally came in but got up at 7am and wanted breakfast and outside again.  So lack of sleep and having to clean up after him has me on a treadmill  I don't care to be on.  Not the workout I need.

On this day
1966  Was a regular work day and getting busy for the holidays - worked a little late.  The strange thing was I said I didn't feel like going out.  That was unheard of for me.  I talked to my boyfriend Don, but we didn't make plans for the evening.   I was 19  and very little social life escaped me, I am a little better now.  What about you?  Do you need to be busy or out everyday doing something or are you a homebody?  I have finally reached a point in life when I am happy doing both in moderation.

1851 - Herman Melville's novel "Moby Dick" was first published in the U.S. 

Newfoundland
The indigenous people on the island at the time of European settlement were the Beothuk, who spoke an Amerindian language of the same name. Later immigrants developed a variety of dialects associated with settlement on the island: Newfoundland EnglishNewfoundland French.[citation needed] In the 19th century, it also had a dialect of Irish known as Newfoundland Irish.[citation needed] Scottish Gaelic was spoken on the island during the 19th and early 20th centuries, particularly in the Codroy Valley area, chiefly by settlers from Cape Breton IslandNova Scotia.[13] The Gaelic names reflected the association with fishing: in Scottish Gaelic, it was called Eilean a' Trosg, or literally, "Island of the Cod".[14] Similarly, the Irish Gaelic name Talamh an Éisc means "Land of the Fish".  sounds like a failure to communicate.


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Diana and William !!

No comments:

Post a Comment