Wednesday, November 28, 2018

November 28, 2018 Wednesday #dedicated#dance for joy#car/speakers#Brassicales

Get Faith
1 Samuel 2:1  "My heart rejoices in the Lord; my horn is exalted in the Lord.  I smile at my enemies, because I rejoice in Your salvation."  This is from Hannah's prayer.  She prayed her entire life for a child and finally, almost too late, the Lord gave her a baby and she named him Samuel.  When the child was two she took him to the temple and gave him to the priest and dedicated her little boy to God.  I can't imagine and I am sure you can't either.  I did promise to raise Nicole in church at her baptism, did you do the same with your children?  It is a pretty solemn vow when you think about it.  I thank God for my daughter everyday, she makes me look good in God's sight. 

Get Fit
King David danced to the Lord in joy in his underwear, literally, in the street.  I dance - in my living room with Richard to the oldies.  Not in my underwear.  It does make me happy, I have always loved to dance.  Not sure this is relate-able, but hey!  get dancing for a lot of reasons!

On this day
1993  Aaron was 15, soon to be 16 and he came over for the weekend.  We had gone to the show with Nicole and Joe from across the street to see Jurassic Park on Saturday.  This was Sunday and after church it says Aaron - car to Mickey Shore.  I'm not sure what car that was but we went to Uncle Andy and Aunt Alice's  for dinner and Uncle Andy helped Aaron with some speakers.  This must have been a car he was getting, maybe from Grandpa? for Christmas and his birthday in January?  I remember the noise, the base from his car.  But I drove him home, he wasn't driving yet.  Help?

1993 - The play "Mixed Emotions" closed after 48 performances. That was an appropriate play for this year.

Newfoundland
Many rare herbaceous plants and insects occur on the island.[20] The west coast of the island supports over 200 plant species. Rare species such as Long’s braya (Braya longii) and Fernald’s braya (B. fernaldii), are endemic to Newfoundland.[22] Brayas are small perennial herbs of the brassicaceae family. They are only found on a narrow strip of land extending approximately 150 kilometres (93 mi) on the extreme western portion of the Great Northern Peninsula, a limestones barrens habitat. The braya population is low due to habitat loss from gravel quarrying. Researchers have only found three populations of Long's braya,[23] and 14 or 15 populations of Fernald's brayas.[24] Researchers have focused on how various types of disturbances affect the long-term viability of these populations. The Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, with many partners, is studying the rare plant flora of the island of Newfoundland and in 2002 announced a recovery plan for the braya species.[25]
Barbarea vulgaris 002.JPG
Winter cress, Barbarea vulgaris
Scientific classificationedit
Kingdom:Plantae
Clade:Angiosperms
Clade:Eudicots
Clade:Rosids
Order:Brassicales
Family:Brassicaceae
Burnett[1]
Genera
  Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Liz!!

No comments:

Post a Comment