Wednesday, November 7, 2018

November 7, 2018 Wednesday #Forgive#Squats#The fireplace#Hiking to CaptainCookMonument!

Get Faith
Colossians 3:13  "Forgive as the Lord forgave you."  Are you dragging the weight around of a heavy grudge against someone?  Do you lay awake at night thinking about how someone did you wrong in one way or another?  Are your frustrated with the stupidity of drivers and fellow workers and even the cashier at the grocery store?  They might not be aware of how you are effected by these things - but you are making it your life's work to keep it alive.  I don't think God stews over the things you do that might make him "mad" but the above quote from Colossians tells you what He wants you to do with that burden you have created for yourself.  "Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

Get Fit
Do you have trouble getting up from sitting, having to hold onto the arms or table to pull yourself up?  That is a great workout for your arms but your legs are losing their ability to do that work for themselves.  Not bragging but I probably did 50 squats this morning to be able to get off that toilet when there is nothing around to hang on to and pull yourself up.  Just a suggestion.

On this day
2007 - I decided I wanted a mantel and a fireplace in the living room.  I went to Home Depot and got the mantel I wanted and painted it and had someone install it. (I, would have had a mantel that everything slid off of I'm sure.)  Anyway, then I went to ACO and bought a fireplace.  It was oak and so I painted it dark, like the other furniture in the living room.  Assembling it was probably the most fun Mom had in a long time.  Just watching me struggle.  I am always happy to entertain.  Mom learned long before to not offer suggestions, bless her heart. :)

2007  Jokela school shooting in Tuusula, Finland, resulting in the death of nine people.  It seems like it is always in the USA, but I guess not - sad wherever.

York Harbor Newfoundland
Hiking in the bay of islands is simply breathtaking.  Our trail network connects to
 places such as the Captain Cook Monument at Lark Harbour, the beautiful remote beach at Cedar Cove,
 the scenic coastline and sea caves around Bottle Cove, and the hiking adventures of the Blow Me Down 
Mountains, the Copper Mine to Cape Trail.  There are trails suited for all ages.  Sounds like a great place to 
explore!  Sounds great!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment