Wednesday, December 12, 2018

December 12, 2018 Wednesday #The Lord's peace#Strength#Birthdays#burghership!

Get Faith
Isaiah 57:19  "Peace, peace to those far and near, says the Lord. "And I will heal them".  The peace that the Lord gives us is healing.  Think about how stress effects our health.  We worry about getting things done, having enough money, wishing we had what others have - hoping our lives will get better and people will love us.  We wait for others to do things with us and for us, when life is so busy it doesn't always happen that way.  The peace from God is more substantial than all that, it calms when this life is stressing you out.  Peace to you in this season of stress!

Get Fit
So the deal is, if you want to stay healthy and keep doing the things you do and not be dependent on someone else to do things for you - you have to stay strong.  I worked out with Jillian today and I could push myself to do more, and on some days I do.  Right now I'm pressed for time and need to finish my baking and Christmas cards and wrapping - so this is time essential.  I worked out my legs to be able to be on my feet all day baking and wrapping and not to get sluggish sitting too long writing those cards.  You have to stay ahead of the game people!   Squats!!

On this day
2014  I cancelled Mom's hair appointment and foot Doctor, she said her knee was too bad to go and just wanted to sit.  (See above)(But at 92 she was excused)  My friend Don's two daughters had birthdays this week and I went over and helped Don feed his whole family at his house to celebrate.  I always love cooking for crowds so it was a joy for me to do.  It was a great evening.   I love to celebrate birthdays, it is a reason to celebrate that person and not a national event.  How about you?  Love those birthdays?  Everybody's but yours?

1787 - Pennsylvania became the second state to ratify the U.S. Constitution. I feel like Pennsylvania was a front runner for this country.

Zurich Switzerland
Zürich was the Federal capital for 1839–40, and consequently, the victory of the Conservative party there in 1839 caused a great stir throughout Switzerland. But when in 1845 the Radicals regained power at Zürich, which was again the Federal capital for 1845–46, Zürich took the lead in opposing the Sonderbund cantons. Following the Sonderbund war and the formation of the Swiss Federal State, Zürich voted in favour of the Federal constitutions of 1848 and of 1874. The enormous immigration from the country districts into the town from the 1830s onwards created an industrial class which, though "settled" in the town, did not possess the privileges of burghership, and consequently had no share in the municipal government. First of all in 1860 the town schools, hitherto open to "settlers" only on paying high fees, were made accessible to all, next in 1875 ten years' residence ipso facto conferred the right of burghership, and in 1893 the eleven outlying districts were incorporated within the town proper.  Note the politics and the good old boy system in play here, sound familiar?  We are not alone.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Al and Olivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment