Monday, December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018 Monday#Believe#Stay healthy#Family#One Way#Beautiful Zurich!

Get Faith
John 16:24  "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name.  Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." Jesus came to save us from our sins.  Jesus also came to let us know that where He goes, we can still be with Him in prayer and ask for anything.  I prayed with someone the other day that is going through some health issues and remembered to ASK Jesus for His healing.  We know that miracles are possible, I believe they still occur and I hope that you will remember to take your troubles to Jesus - just ask him and be convinced that He is listening.

Get Fit
The holidays can really wear you down, they do me.  Without thinking about it, all of a sudden, you are like WOW - I need a nap!  Well maybe not you.... but take time to be kind to yourself, rest, hydrate and eat well between parties!  OH, and wash your hands!!!  and exercise.

On this day
1977  I was in my "new" house in St Clair Shores.  Pete went out to a bunch of Christmas parties while I cleaned and decorated and made dinner for my Mom, Dad, brother Mark, Uncle Hank and Aunt Terrie.  I don't remember and it doesn't say what I made, but the menu's were different in those days then they are now.  It might have been Cornish hens and wild rice, I think we did a lot of that back then - or spaghetti.  I'm sure they were polite and said it was good no matter what it was, because that is what family does, right?  Right?

1791 - A traffic regulation in New York City established the first street to go "One Way."   interesting

Zurich Switzerland

Urban area[edit]

The areas surrounding the Limmat are almost completely developed with residential, industrial, and commercial zones. The sunny and desirable residential areas in the hills overlooking Zürich, Waidberg and Zürichberg, and the bottom part of the slope on the western side of the valley on the Uetliberg, are also densely built.
The "green lungs" of the city include the vast forest areas of Adlisberg, Zürichberg, Käferberg, Hönggerberg and Uetliberg. Major parks are also located along the lakeshore (Zürichhorn and Enge), while smaller parks dot the city. Larger contiguous agricultural lands are located near Affoltern and Seebach. Of the total area of the municipality of Zürich (in 1996, without the lake), 45.4% is residential, industrial and commercial, 15.5% is transportation infrastructure, 26.5% is forest, 11%: is agriculture and 1.2% is water.
View over Zürich and Lake Zürich from the Uetliberg   
Beautiful!!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Devon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment