Saturday, December 8, 2018

December 8, 2018 Saturday#Heaven my home#peaceful kingdom#Angel#Old Zurich War

Get Faith
John 14:2-3  "In My Father's house are many mansions....I go to prepare a place for you....I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."  A great invitation from our Savior Jesus the Christ.  I like to think about this verse - who are in the other mansions?  I like to believe that all people of the earth are God's children and that a big neighborhood of diverse people will be in heaven and we will live together like we never can here.  If you need directions - Jesus is the Way.

Get Fit
It is Saturday so you know I did my AM yoga.  The cat sat with Nicole on the warm spot in the kitchen in front of the heat vent and all was well with the world.  That is the closest to peace in my house that I can get.

On this day
2010  I have had a sweet friend for a number of years.  Monna lived in the next block from me, our kids were best friends, we went to church together.  But as life goes things change.  She moved and the kids have moved on to other friend circles and Monna switched to a closer church.  But on this day I am reminded what a great friend and person she is.  She picked up my Mom (who she loved like her own) and took her to church for Mom's Hope Circle.  Monna had joined their group because they were all in their 80's and now 90's and couldn't keep up on the things expected of the group.  She was an angel to them and to me for keeping Mom involved.  Hopefully I can catch up with her over the holidays.

1765 - Eli Whitney was born in Westboro, MA. Whitney invented the cotton gin and developed the concept of mass-production of interchangeable parts. Silly me, thought this was gin made from cotton.

Zurich Switzerland

A scene depicting the Old Zürich War in 1443 (1514, illustration in Federal Chronicle by Werner Schodoler)
On 1 May 1351, the citizens of Zürich had to swear allegiance before representatives of the cantons of LucerneSchwyz, Uri and Unterwalden, the other members of the Swiss Confederacy. Thus, Zürich became the fifth member of the Confederacy, which was at that time a loose confederation of de factoindependent states. Zürich was the presiding canton of the Diet from 1468 to 1519. This authority was the executive council and lawmaking body of the confederacy, from the Middle Ages until the establishment of the Swiss federal state in 1848. Zürich was temporarily expelled from the confederacy in 1440 due to a war with the other member states over the territory of Toggenburg (the Old Zürich War). Neither side had attained significant victory when peace was agreed upon in 1446, and Zürich was readmitted to the confederation in 1450.[26]

Do you see the common thread in all of us - war?  How sad.


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Melissa, Molly and Ty F!!

No comments:

Post a Comment