Saturday, December 22, 2018

December 22, 2018 Saturday#Love life#Prep#Noel#Injustice?#Doing it right.

Get Faith
John 13:34  "Love one another, As I have loved you, so you must love one another."  Tis the season of love.  Too often we  (I) get caught up in the hectic holidays and I forget that Love was born into this world on Christmas.  The Love that brought us hope, life and forgiveness.  As you (I) go through the next days, try to keep that thought in your head when life gets to be too much - think of how short it is and enjoy it.

Get Fit
Before I hit the grocery store, hopefully for the last time, I warmed up, stretched and strengthened all those muscles that I think I will need today.  The Daily Dozen covers it all.  Now if I can just exercise the muscle between my ears I'll be ok, thank heavens for lists!!  Enjoy your preparation!

On this day
1984  I was pregnant so not doing any drinking and I had quit smoking as well - so I made up for it by eating - everything.  This day was a Saturday and after shopping, wrapping and cleaning all day, Mark and I went to a birthday party for Noel.  Noel and Bob were friends of Marks that I inherited.  She was a great gal, worked for her husband, had 6 kids, handled registration at the boat races and played a mean game of horse collar.  She taught me how to play, but not how to win - and they always played for money.  She came to an untimely death a few years ago in a boating accident.  It make sense but it was too soon.  RIP Noel.  Funny her name was that born close to Christmas.

1984 - New York City resident Bernhard Goetz shot four black youths on a Manhattan subway. Goetz claimed they were about to rob him.  I remember this, it was questionable.   the outcome --

He ended up serving eight months for criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree.
AND THEN:
Their gambit worked as well. Goetz lost, and was ordered to pay Cabey a total of $43 million for the shooting — $18 million would be for pain and suffering, $25 million would be for punitive damages. To date, Goetz maintains he hasn’t paid “a single penny”to Cabey.
 Cabey survived and rolled on his friends, said they were going to rob Goetz.

Zurich Switzerland

Social[edit]

The level of unemployment in Zürich was 3.2%[57] in July 2012. In 2008, the average monthly income was about CHF 7000 before any deductions for social insurances and taxes.[58] In 2010, there were 12,994 cases (on average per month) of direct or indirect welfare payments from the state.[59]  
Wow.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Mark P, Chris and Ron


No comments:

Post a Comment