Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March 3, 2015 Tuesday

Jillian beat me up today.  Weights and cardio.  I get through the first 3 sets, I'm working on more.


Ephesians chapter 4:22-24  About putting old bad habits away and recreating ourselves for the better.  I like this quote by Desmond Tutu 'Forgiveness gives us the capacity to make a new start."  God forgives us through the life and death of our Savior Jesus Christ, and so we have new life.


On this day:
1993 - A blank page can say a lot.  There are times in my journals when I missed weeks, even months at a time.  This period was because things were not going well and I guess I just didn't want to remember it.  We all have those times in our life.  I have tried to embrace the down times because it makes the rest of the time much more memorable and appreciated.


1845 - The U.S. Congress passed legislation overriding a U.S. President’s veto. It was the first time the Congress had achieved this. 


Parenting - Nicole and I are going to Scotland in August!  Signing up for the tour this week. Since I went in 2003 I have wanted her to go and see.  So excited!


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties (excerpt)


     “It’s my birthday today Dad,” I said, because maybe he forgot.
     “Yep!  Happy Birthday Cookie” He replied
     “I got a birthday card with a handkerchief in it from Grandma.”   I showed him the card and hanky. 
     “That was nice of her, huh?” Dad said with his slight Scottish accent, that wasn’t nearly as strong as his mother Grandma Robertson’s.
Juneau Alaska:
Juneau is named after gold prospector Joe Juneau, though the place was for a time called Rockwell and then Harrisburg (after Juneau's co-prospector, Richard Harris). The Tlingit name of the town is Dzántik'i Héeni ("Base of the Flounder’s River", dzánti ‘flounder’, –kʼi ‘base’, héen ‘river’), and Auke Bay just north of Juneau proper is called Áak'w ("Little lake", áa ‘lake’, -kʼ ‘diminutive’) in Tlingit. The Taku River, just south of Juneau, was named after the cold t'aakh wind, which occasionally blows down from the mountains.
Downtown Juneau sits at sea level, with tides averaging 16 feet (5 m), below steep mountains about 3,500 feet (1,100 m) to 4,000 feet (1,200 m) high. Atop these mountains is the Juneau Icefield, a large ice mass from which about 30 glaciers flow; two of these, the Mendenhall Glacier and the Lemon Creek Glacier, are visible from the local road system. The Mendenhall glacier has been gradually retreating; its front face is declining both in width and height (into my yard I think).


Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!


No comments:

Post a Comment