Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015 Monday

Didn't exercise.  Had to have breakfast before 7:30 am and I ate so much I couldn't move. I have to go in for a 3 hour test, looking forward to the sedative and chaise lounge part.


Ephesians chapter 5:3-4  Not a fan of this reading.  I enjoy a good laugh and some of it is off color.  I always feel that if it is not at someone else's expense that it is ok, as in racial jokes. This reminds us that we should fill our heads with more good thoughts that lift up one another.  I think I do that, but need help with the other, how about you?


On this day
2011 - Two things on this day - my friend Monna used my car to take MY Mom to church for Ash Wednesday.  She is a good friend that my mother really enjoys spending time with, she is a real life angel.  The reason I didn't go was my other dear friend, Don, picked me up and with his two grandchildren - Madison and Cameron, we went to the movies to see Gnomeo and Julliette, the movie.  It was great, I love kid movies.  There has to be a balance in life - I don't think God would pass up spending time with the Trillions..... of grandchildren he has, oh, that's right he doesn't pass it up.


1977 - About a dozen armed Hanafi Muslims invaded three buildings in Washington, DC. They killed one person and took more than 130 hostages. The siege ended two days later.  Wow, I didn't realize this was starting back then, did you?


Parenting - I really miss the drive-in movie experience with kids.  I know there is still one on the west side, maybe Don and I can take the kids to that sometime this summer.  Have they been yet? Don?


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties (excerpt)
    Adam would be graduating from high school in June and had been on the Varsity football team.  We were all very proud of him.  Even though he had bullied, teased and harassed me through my childhood, I still worshipped him and worried about his welfare.  If, on a rare occasion the perfect son got into trouble I would worry that he would get the belt from Dad as he did years ago when we lived on the lake.  It had been a mistake then and never happened again.  There was talk now that he might get a scholarship to college for football, as his team had gone to the city championships in the fall.  He and Mom talked, almost in a whisper about the mail he had received.


Juneau Alaska




Climate[edit]
Juneau has a Maritime Climate (Köppen Cfb). The city has a climate that is milder than its latitude may suggest, due to the influence of the Pacific Ocean. Winters are moist and long, but only slightly cold by Alaskan standards: the average low temperature is 23 °F (−5 °C) in January, and highs are frequently above freezing. Spring, summer, and fall are cool to mild, with highs peaking in July at 65 °F (18.3 °C). Snowfall averages 87.4 inches (222 cm) and occurs chiefly from November to March. Precipitation falls on an average 230 days per year, averaging 62.27 inches (1,580 mm) at the airport (1981–2010 normals), but ranging from 55 to 92 inches (1,400 to 2,340 mm), depending on location.[11] The spring months are the driest while September and October are the wettest. The coldest temperature ever recorded in Jueau was −22 °F (−30.0 °C) on February 2, 1968 and January 12, 1972. The hottest temperature was 90 °F (32.2 °C) on July 7, 1975.
Records have been officially kept at downtown Juneau from January 1890 to June 1943, and at Juneau International Airport since July 1943; the normals and record temperatures for the downtown station are provided below. I think our winter was worse then theirs!


Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable! 


No comments:

Post a Comment