Thursday, January 26, 2017

January 26, 2017 Thursday #relax#peace#home#Brazil#delifood

Get Fit
I love the stretching!  It is a must before you work out and a blessing for no reason at all.  This Simple Stretch that I do is 40 minutes and stretched everything so that you are very relaxed.  Enjoying this now and committing it to memory for the weeks to come.

Get Faith
Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, and Israel, My called; I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last."   He is always with us.  This week while waiting for my surgery on next Tuesday, I am psyching myself up for the ordeal.  I have been told what to expect and am aware of the dreaded chest tube (I have had before).  I am practicing relaxation, breathing (which will be hard) and keeping the thoughts in my head that I will need to calm myself.  The study writer reminded me of this one "He gives us peace that's like a smoothly flowing river." Think about that yourself when you are troubled or stressed.  God is good.

On this day
1982 - I listed my house for sale - again.  I have put this house on the market, maybe, 5 times in the last 40 years but no luck.  It is a great house, I love it, still, with a very open floor plan, lots of windows, a beautiful yard and an attached garage.  It is a perfect house for a single woman, which is what I was when I moved in.  There is a reason, I am sure, that I am still here after having a family and raising Nicole here, it is home.  Now that I am retired it is a perfect size and still, very comfortable.  Sometimes God knows best.  I feel like I am meant to stay here.

1500 - Vicente Yáñez Pinzón discovered Brazil. My travelers group has been to Brazil at least once and I remember when I first looked at Brazil and read about it two things stood out.  It is huge, as big as the United States!  The second thing was that here, yet, was another place that Portugal, a very small country, claimed for it's own.  Check it out!

Wad Medani Cuisine
rps20161016_173543_large.jpgThis is what I got when I asked for cuisine.  It looks like watermelon, beef patty, cinamon roll, sausages and coleslaw?  oh and fries.  

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Sarah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment