Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 29, 2017 Sunday #Rest#faithinyouth#shots#facefail#shopping!

Get Fit
It is well known that one of the best things you can do for your health is rest, not like a full time commitment but when you need it.  God knew it and created Sunday to rest.  He did! He rested from his labors of creating the world and heavens and all that there is.

Get Faith
1 Timothy 4:12 " Don't let anyone look down on you because your are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."  I feel like this is somewhat reversed in this day and age.  I am approaching 70 this next month and often feel like younger people discount what I have to say, or just don't listen to me.  I am not sure where this study writer is but I'm astonished at some of her stories.  Her church sounds like something out of a television series.  They are trying another program at our church to match youth with older people and of course I signed up, I hope I have the same experience she writes about.

On this day
1987  Two things stand out on this day.  Kostere, my friend Pete's grandfather died the previous day and I ordered flowers for his funeral.  I had been very close to his family, and they were few in number.  Kostere was 90 or so and had lived an exciting life having skied out of Siberian camp as a young man.  The other thing was I had to take Nicole to the doctor for a DPT shot, she was two.  The other day my niece told me how she had to take 2 month old Hudson for his shots and she cried.  I always did too.

1987 - "Physician’s Weekly" announced that the smile on the face of Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa was caused by a "...facial paralysis resulting from a swollen nerve behind the ear." Wow that really takes the aura away from the picture!  

Wad Medani Sudan
Let's look at some souvenirs as we will be leaving here tomorrow.
Let shop here today!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday D.J.!

No comments:

Post a Comment