Wednesday, April 12, 2017

April 12, 2017 Wednesday #Rita#HelloGod#pray#familydinner#中华人民共和国

Get Fit
You remember Rita Moreno don't you?  From West Side Story and other things as well.  I have a dance video (that hasn't died yet) that I have been using for 20 years.  It always reminds me that she never ages, duh.  It reminds me of Mom saying she watched a movie one day and Clark Gable was in it and she was amazed at how good he still looked.  I am my mother.

Get Faith
Isaiah 43:1  "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine."  The Bible repeats this restoring message that God calls, cares and identifies with you.  He knows your name and everything about you and loves you unconditionally.  If you call His name, in song, in sorrow or in prayer, He will hear you.  You are on a first name basis with God.

Table prayers.  They should be routine.  Ours is "Come Lord Jesus be our guest and let this food to us be blessed."  I sometimes add "Blest be God who is our bread, may all the world be clothes and fed." What prayer do you use?  Even a heartfelt "thank you God" is acceptable.

On this day
1984 - I had my family Mom, Andy, Alice, Mark, Uncle Hank and Aunt Teresa and also Mark's family Pat and Ed and Jan over for dinner.  Mark and I had a quick courtship and were getting married soon and I though it would be nice to have the important people in my family meet each other.  The wedding was the 20th so there was no time to waste.  I'm not sure if we said a dinner prayer or not.

1984 - Israeli troops stormed a bus that had been hijacked the previous evening by four Arab terrorists. All the passengers were rescued and 2 of the hijackers were killed.  This could be an item in today's paper, huh?  33 years later no smarter.

China
China, officially the People's Republic of China (PRC), is a unitary sovereign state in East Asia and the world's most populous country, with a population of over 1.381 billion.[15] The state is governed by the Communist Party of China and its capital is Beijing.[16] It exercises jurisdiction over 22 provinces, five autonomous regions, four direct-controlled municipalities (Beijing, TianjinShanghai and Chongqing) and two mostly self-governing special administrative regions (Hong Kong and Macau), also claiming sovereignty over Taiwan. The country's major urban areas include Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing, Chongqing, Shenzhen, Tianjin and Hong Kong. China is a great power and a major regional power within Asia, and has been characterized as a potential superpower.[17][18]  no kidding.


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment