Friday, April 7, 2017

April 7, 2017 Friday #RipCLD#lightuntomypath#Jenny#NYslaves#长江

Get Fit
Although I did as much as I could, dancing with Denise to Boot Scootin Boogie this morning, I have to ditch the video.  I have been line dancing with this tape for over 20 years and it has finally died.  I'll miss hearing Elvira first thing in the AM.  Maybe I can find a replacement.

Get Faith
Psalm 16:11 "You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever."  The psalms are comforting, always reminding us of God's goodness.  I read this and immediately related to the part about God's right hand.  This is where Jesus sits at the right hand of God and judges the living and the dead.  When Christ walked this earth He was loving and kind.  He forgave everyone their sins and healed their broken spirits.  He learned this from God the Father.  Make Him your path of life.

On this day
1976  Pete and I went to Java Junction for dinner.  I believe it was on Eton just down from where I lived in Birmingham.  Places come and go.  I got a phone call from Jenny, who I have no memory of but she called me most days on this week. (?)  This was one of those periods in my life when I worked out and had a membership at Vic Tanny.  It was a Wednesday so Pete (also worked out) went to the bar.  Through our entire relationship he insisted on having boys night out on Wednesday and Friday.  It was a relationship killer.  Oh to be foolish and young again (not).  Wish I could remember who Jenny is. Chris?

1712 - A slave revolt broke out in New York City. So here is a note that they owned slaves in NY.  I guess I thought they had hired help but not slaves there.  We had not even declared our freedom as a country yet.

Anqing China

Anqingformerly (1912–49) Huaining, Wade-Giles romanization An-ch’ing, conventional Anking, city situated on the north bank of the Yangtze River (Chang Jiang) in southwestern Anhui sheng (province), China. Situated at a crossing place on the Yangtze, it commands the narrow section of the floodplain between the Dabie Mountains to the north and the Huang Mountains on the south bank, at the west end of the lower Yangtze Plain. Yangtze River is longest river in both China and Asia and the third longest river in the world, 
Bend in the upper Yangtze River (Chang Jiang), Yunnan province, southwestern China.  Wow!
Yangtze River (长江)

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Will C!  

No comments:

Post a Comment