Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017 Monday #yoga#blessings#Pete&Franks#USA!#Chineseart

Get Fit
Actually did my AM yoga this morning.  Was nice to put the cat out and the stretch like the cat without worrying I would be one with the cat.  He likes to get involved.

Get Faith
Psalm 13:5  "But I will always trust in you and in your mercy and shall rejoice in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord because he has blessed me richly."  I needed this reminder today and the study writer gave a very uplifting long prayer here that reminded me of all I should be thankful for and that He will give me the strength to handle what ever I need.  Through the salvation we have from our beautiful Savior Jesus Christ that we celebrated yesterday at Easter.  I hope your day starts as promising as mine.  "Yesterday is past, today is fleeting, and tomorrow is around the bend.  Life is too short for me to hold onto any phase of my life and miss out on the blessings You have in store  for me."  Amen!

On this day
1992  It was Good Friday and I went to Pete and Franks produce store.  I actually said to Nicole 2 days ago - "I wish Pete and Franks was still open"  I loved that place, good stuff and not as jammed before a holiday as the other place.  Do you have favorite stores that have closed and now you miss?  The way on line shopping is going - if you like a store you better do your best to frequent it or you will be missing it, like I miss Pete and Franks.

1492 - Christopher Columbus signed a contract with Spain to find a passage to Asia and the Indies. This is a pretty meaningful memory, thanks Chris!  Love my country.

Anqing China
Chinese art is visual art that, whether ancient or modern, originated in or is practiced in China or by Chinese artists. The Chinese art in the Republic of China (Taiwan) and that of overseas Chinese can also be considered part of Chinese art where it is based in or draws on Chinese heritage and Chinese culture. Early "stone age art" dates back to 10,000 BC, mostly consisting of simple pottery and sculptures. After this early period Chinese art, like Chinese history, is typically classified by the succession of ruling dynasties of Chinese emperors, most of which lasted several hundred years.
Chinese jade ornament, with dragon and phoenix design, of the late Spring and Autumn period (722–482 BC).This is an old country with a lot of great artwork.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment