Thursday, May 11, 2017

May 11, 2017 Thursday #Still#God'shands#lessons$#Henry#부산

Get Fit
Richard Simmons is alive and well!  I know because I did Tone and Stretch with him this morning. Doing Squats and lunges etc.,  with a tension band.  I laugh everytime I think of watching a video that is old.  I got home from work to find my mother very happy after watching an old familiar movie.  She said "you know, Clark Gable STILL looks really good."  Such a happy memory.  Get a video of yourself while you still look good!

Get Faith
2 Timothy 1:12  "...For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what (and whom) I have committed to Him until that day."  The study writer says to think about this when you are praying for a loved one to turn their life around and come back to the Lord.  Who doesn't do that?  She also says that God can enter that person in ways that we can't so we should trust that when we pray God can reach where we can't.  Good to remember when you feel like you aren't getting anywhere - ask God to go ahead.

On this day
1989  Someday's are not great memories.  My husband was in jail, picked up on a DUI.  I went to court thinking "this could happen to any of us" because we were all partiers.  When I got there I found out that after Macomb County finished with him he would go to Royal Oak and Oakland County on unpaid charges for the same thing.  After leaving the jail, depressed, I needed to talk with someone who I could tell that would not be judgemental or forever look at Mark in "that way".  I went over to my cousin Kay's and she was fortunately home.  I cried and poured out all the sordid details and she was just what I needed.  I went home composed to my kids.  Take care of your responsibilities if this happens to you or someone you know - it can get worse if you don't.

1573 - Henry of Anjou became the first elected king of Poland. My Grandmother was born in Poland so this is relevant to me.  I will try to remember Henry (my grandfathers name) as a Polish pear.

Busan South Korea
Busan's names include Pusan-gwangyŏksi (approved),[8] Pusan,[9] Fusan,[10] Fuzan-fu,[11] Husan,[12] Husan Hu,[13] Pusan-chikhalsi,[14] Pusan-jikhalsi,[15] Pusan-pu[16] and Pusan-si.[17]
The city was originally called Busanpo. It was named after the shape of the mountain behind Busan Port. Korean bu (hangul: 부, hanja) means a cauldronsan (hangul: 산, hanja: ) means a mountain, and po (hangul: 포, hanja: ) means a harbor. It may be said that a harbor is located at the foot of a mountain resembling a cauldron. Since the late 15th century, the current name Busan (hangul: 부산, hanja: 釜山) has been widely used.[18]    If you look at the Panarama from yesterday you can see the cauldron.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  



No comments:

Post a Comment