Saturday, May 27, 2017

May 27, 20017 Saturday #yoga#running#sewing#금정공원

Get Fit
Are There Immediate Benefits to Doing Yoga? Here are some yoga positions to start your day! Notice the progression and return to start.

Get Faith
Hebrews 12:1-2  "Let us run with perseverance, (patience, and endurance) the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.."  This made me think of Nicole because she has been running at camp the last few days and posting her accomplishments.  The study writer here says "No matter the challenges, we need to keep looking to Jesus, who is running right alongside us, every step of the way."  I have often thought of Jesus being with Nicole in snowboarding clothes, with a life jacked in a kayak, with a backpack on, traveling, etc.  I have given her pictures of Jesus in not so typical "old" portraits.  It brings me comfort to know He is there with her, whatever she is doing, and I know her path always leads to Jesus, the perfecter of our faith.

On this day
1968  It was a Monday, but I was working so it was before they changed the holiday to the Monday holiday rule.   In 1968 Memorial Day was still celebrated on the 30th.  I noted that after work I went home, watched tv and sewed.  What a huge difference in activities!  Who still sews?  I suppose some of you do.  Actually, I have gotten back to coloring and doing jigsaws (on my computer) in my spare time.  It also mentioned that we had a record rain fall in the previous days.  Looking out of my window today at my flooded yard, I realize some things have stayed the same.

1968 - After 48 years as coach of the Chicago Bears, George Halas retired. Wow!  long time, anyone remember this guy?

Busan South Korea
One of the places I have never heard any of my friends or any acquaintances visit is the botanical garden at the bottom of Geumjueng Mountain, which abuts the park which contains the cable car,  (maybe called 금정공원… that’s just a guess).
Anyway, for a fair-weathered Sunday it was perhaps one of the least crowded places I have been to, encompassing a deceptively large area.
We took bus 203 from Oncheonjang up the hill to the botanical garden.  Tickets were 1000 won.

  Look at those trees!!! Great place for today!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Claire and Pierre!

No comments:

Post a Comment