Monday, September 18, 2017

September 18, 2017 Monday #stayheallthyfirst#LoveHimback#Cake#TowerTheater!

Get Fit
Best advice I can give you today is don't smoke.  I did for 25 years and now I have COPD and have had 20% of my right lung removed due to cancer.  On days like today, the humidity makes it very hard to breathe.  I use an inhaler but it isn't the same as having healthy lungs and bronchioles.  Do yourself a favor.  The other is don't overeat like I did yesterday - I know today what an anaconda feels like after swallowing a side of beef.  Just waiting to shed my skin and I'll be fine.

Get Faith
Psalm 145:20  "The Lord watches over all who love him."  I know that the Lord looks after me, I have felt his guidance, concern and care all of my life.  I kind of believe that He watches over ALL people and that this statement could mean that only those who love Him are aware of it.  The others never thank Him or acknowledge His presence in their life.  Which one are you?

On this day
1981  Today is Adele's birthday, Merri and Lindsey,s Mom.  I had them over for pizza cake and ice cream at my house.  We always celebrated birthdays together and still do for the most part!  Adele and I both turned ?? this year, at least we keep turning! Right Adele?


1981 - A museum honoring former U.S. President Ford was dedicated in Grand Rapids, MIHave you been there?  I have not, maybe way down on the bucket list!

Fresno California

Tower District[edit]

The popular neighborhood known as the Tower District is centered around the historic Tower Theatre, which is included on the National List of Historic Places.[32] The theater was built in 1939 and is at Olive and Wishon Avenues in the heart of the Tower District. (The name of the theater refers to a well-known landmark water tower, which is actually in another nearby area). The Tower District neighborhood is just north of downtown Fresno proper, and one-half mile south of Fresno City College.[33] Although the neighborhood was previously known as a residential area, the early commercial establishments of the Tower District began with small shops and services that flocked to the area shortly after World War II. The character of small local businesses largely remains today. To some extent, the businesses of the Tower District were developed due to the proximity of the original Fresno Normal School, (later renamed California State University at Fresno). In 1916 the college moved to what is now the site of Fresno City College one-half mile north[34] of the Tower District.  Shall we go to the theater today?  

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Adele and Jacki!


No comments:

Post a Comment