Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September 26, 2017 Tuesday #setthebar#truth#adversary#nowweknowFresnoArtMuseum!

Get Fit
Worked out the abs and arms with the video today.  I used the 5 lb weights and got through 6 sets and did 4 reps of the ab workouts.  Not bad for an old broad, but I should be doing better.  Set the bar high for yourself!

Get Faith
Psalm 86:11  "Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth.  Unite my heart to fear Your name."  I have worked harder at learning God's words lately.  It is easier to spend time on when you are older (supposedly).  I taught Sunday School for 25 years, maybe more, and found that I learned more than I taught.  It is so empowering to teach a Bible story to another and have a light go on.  We need to be careful to not add our own "take" to a story.  The stories have certain truths that can be twisted to mean something else and I never wanted to be responsible for leading someone the wrong way.  Even here I try to stay right on the verse offered and not change it.  Feel free to call me out if you notice that happening.

On this day
2000 - Nicole was in 10th grade and playing basketball.  They played one of their nemesis's LakeShore here in St Clair Shores, the other being Lakeview the other SCS high school.  They were always super charged with tension and very well attended games  Nicole's Aunt Jan came along to watch, Lakeshore was her high school but I'm sure she was still rooting for Nicole's team that day!  I didn't jot down the end score which only means one thing. :(

2000 - The U.S. House of Representatives passed the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act. The act states that an infant would be considered to have been born alive if he or she is completely extracted or expelled from the mother and breathes and has a beating heart and definite movement of the voluntary muscles. I would have to agree with this statement and wonder why it had to be acted on in a political arena?  Was it also passed by the Supreme court?  

Fresno California
Fresno Art Museum
The Fresno Art Museum is an art museum in Fresno, California. The museum's collection includes contemporary art, modern artMexican and Mexican-American art, and Pre-Columbian sculpture.[1]

History[edit]

According to the museum website, the museum descends from the Fresno Art League, a group of local artists that was founded in the late 1940s and that gathered sufficient community support to incorporate as the Fresno Art Center in 1949 and to erect an Art Center building in Radio Park in 1960. The American Association of Museums granted the Art Center accreditation in 1973. In 1985 the name was changed to Fresno Arts Center and Museum, and in 1988 changed again to Fresno Art Museum.[2]

sounds like a great place to spend the day and pick up some souvenirs!

Enjoy the day! Make it memorable!  Happy birthday to Kelli, Amanda and Lyndsey!



  1. Jump up

No comments:

Post a Comment