Monday, March 12, 2018

March 12, 2018 Monday#Strength#Godshowsup#freshair!#Macedonia!

Get Fit
I was very ambitious today and worked out with the 5 lbs.  I even left them out to repeat the reps in a while.  I remember my mom complaining that she just couldn't even lift her arms to do her hair anymore.  I don't want to experience that before it is absolutely necessary.  How about you?

Get Faith
Psalm 121:1-2  "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."  My version says "I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?"  This psalm is all about how God loves and cares for us - always.  I wondered when I read the line from my devotional journal what the psalm said in full because I wondered what was coming over the hill.  Studying the Bible is important to help define what makes sense to you when reading it.  Now I have a different perspective of that first line - I think they were gazing at the hills and wondering, not expecting something to show up on the horizon.  God does answer both our wondering and shows up when we need Him.

On this day
2009  I was sick and had been off work a few days.  My boss had it also but never stayed home - but didn't want me to come in.  With social media I see now that everyone is down with something.  The changing weather and onset of allergies, the lack of fresh air and sunshine is winter taking it's toll on us.  But, those that have gone south to soak up nice weather seem to get sick upon returning, probably from the plane ride.  SO, if you are suffering this spring malady - take heart you are not alone and this too shall pass.  Take some allergy meds, extra vitamins, drink a lot of water and maybe get a walk in outside.  Listen to me, ha  try to take my own advise.

2009 - It was announced that the Sears Tower in Chicago, IL, would be renamed Willis Tower. Was that an omen or what?

Lulebargaz Turkey
By the 5th century BC, the Thracian presence was pervasive enough to have made Herodotus[9] call them the second-most numerous people in the part of the world known by him (after the Indians), and potentially the most powerful, if not for their lack of unity. The Thracians in classical times were broken up into a large number of groups and tribes, though a number of powerful Thracian states were organized, such as the Odrysian kingdom of Thrace and the Dacian kingdom of Burebista. A type of soldier of this period called the Peltast probably originated in Thrace.
Before the expansion of the Kingdom of Macedon, Thrace was divided into three camps (East, Central, and West) after the withdrawal of the Persians following their eventual defeat in mainland Greece. A notable ruler of the East Thracians was Cersobleptes, who attempted to expand his authority over many of the Thracian tribes. He was eventually defeated by the Macedonians.
The Thracians were typically not city-builders, the largest Thracian cities were in fact large villages.[10][11] and their only polis was Seuthopolis.[12][13]    Chris if you are reading this it reminds me of your mom telling
me stories of her history - in Macedonia.  This is way prior to her lifetime but it still rang a bell.  
Loved those stories she told with such enthusiasm.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy birthday to Barb! Karen, Vicky and Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment