Friday, March 9, 2018

March 9, 2018 Friday #work#justice?#Choir#Armenia

Get to work
I only work one or two days a week but it keeps me in the habit of getting up and going out.  When you are retired you have the slow mornings that I really enjoy. I also like the things that a little extra money brings so off to work I go.  Do you work?  Do you work part time?  Are you retired?

Get Faith
Proverbs 2:8  "For he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones."  What do you think on this?  Does He guard the just?  Is there justice?  Doesn't harm come to His faithful ones?  This is from the old testament.  Could it still be talking about our eternal life with Christ being protected?  Jesus is the Word, and the Word is God, He is eternal in the Father Son and Holy Spirit.  We do come to harm here in this world where the devil, evil itself is constantly presence.  Stay close to God and remember the gift of eternal life is yours when this life fails you.

On this day
2006   I sang in the choir this year.  My breathing was better and the choir is a great group of people.  I had to sit with them in church which, I felt bad, but Mom loved when others sat with her in my absence.  When her health wasn't too good I always made sure I was there to help her go up for communion.  But I really enjoyed the singing.  Lutherans are well known for there chorale offerings, I think Luther must have loved to sing, like, "A Mighty Fortress".  The harmony is beautiful to me.  Now, I don't read music, I have to stand next to someone and listen, AND I sing tenor which puts me in with the men in the back.  And, I admit to just moving my lips when I couldn't follow - or just hit a note that they held for a while.  I'm talking myself into going back.

Turkey
As Persia grew in strength, their system of local government in Anatolia allowed many port cities to grow and to become wealthy. All of Anatolia got divided into various satrapies, ruled by satraps (governors) appointed by the central Persian rulers. The first state that was called Armenia by neighbouring peoples was the state of the Armenian Orontid dynasty, which included parts of eastern Turkey beginning in the 6th century BC, which became the Satrapy of Armenia under Achaemenid rule. Some of the satraps revolted periodically but did not pose a serious threat. In the 5th century BC, Darius I built the Royal Road, which linked the principal city of Susa with the west Anatolian city of Sardis.[3] Anatolia played a pivotal role in Achaemenid history. In the earliest 5th century BC, some of the Ionian cities under Persian rule revolted, which culminated into the Ionian Revolt. This revolt, after being easily suppressed by the Persian authority, laid the direct uplead for the Greco-Persian Wars, which turned out to be one of the most crucial wars in European history. After Achaemenid Persian rule, the Greek Alexander the Greatfinally wrested control of the whole region from Persia in successive battles, proving victorious over the Persian Darius III. After Alexander's death, his conquests were split amongst several of his trusted generals, but were under constant threat of invasion from both the Gauls and other powerful rulers in PergamonPontus, and Egypt. The Seleucid Empire, the largest of Alexander's territories, and which included Anatolia, became involved in a disastrous war with Rome culminating in the battles of Thermopylae and Magnesia. The resulting Treaty of Apameain (188 BC) saw the Seleucids retreat from Anatolia. The Kingdom of Pergamum and the Republic of Rhodes, Rome's allies in the war, were granted the former Seleucid lands in Anatolia. Great ancient history!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!  


No comments:

Post a Comment