Friday, March 23, 2018

March 23, 2018 Friday#toneup#youfixyou#fastlane#VanHalen!#Ankara

Get Fit
Worked out the legs today with Pilates and the resistance band.  It just gives an added muscle and balance workout I think.  So many good workouts available on line check them out if you are like me and get bored with the same old thing all the time - and hurry up!  Spring is here and your activity should be amping up!

Get Faith
Psalm 41:12  "You have preserved me because I was honest; you have admitted me forever to your presence."  Are there people out there lying to God?  Not to frighten you, but He knows everything, even your thoughts.  And loves you anyway.  He knows how hard this life on earth is, he was human for 33 years.  I guess it doesn't say honest with Him, but do we think we can fool God?  I think the point here is that being untrue to anyone is also lying to yourself and God does not want that for you.  He wants you to realize your sins and faults and to fix them for yourself - not Him because He loves you anyway - it just makes YOU better.

On this day
1979  I worked the Cobo Hall shows for Quality Picture Frame.  This one might have been the Home and Garden show.  They were long hours and not sure how profitable - mostly to get your name out there.  I had framed artwork to sell but not sure if it did, only attracted attention.  On this day, my EX boyfriend Pete followed me down and took me to lunch at the Traffic Jam before the show started. A lot of friends came by - Robin and Chuck, Beaver, Pat & Pam and Ty. They had a bar there so you could have a cocktail while walking around, that's why my friends were there.   A new boyfriend, Dave picked me up at 11:00 when the show was over and took me to Carl's Chophouse for dinner.  We lived a fast life and it took its toll.  Pete, Chuck and Beaver are all passed now but I'm still good friends with Pat, Pam and Ty.  It often amazes me to think how immortal we thought we were.

1979 - Van Halen released the album "Van Halen II." Raise your hand if you liked Van Halen! 

Lulebargaz Turkey

10 Best Places to Visit in Turkey


With cities steeped in history, beaches, and beautiful countryside, a visit to Turkey promises an enchanted vacation. Diverse offerings such as the ancient ruins of Ephesus to the luxury beach resorts along the Aegean Sea will enthrall and captivate even the most jaded traveler. Istanbul, once the capital of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires, features prominently in most travel plans but there are many more great destinations. An overview of the best places to visit in Turkey.
10. Ankara (Where to Stay)
Ankara
Turkey’s capital city, Ankara, is a sprawling, modern city home to government buildings, commercial businesses, universities and foreign embassies. Located right in the center of the country and the Anatolia region, Ankara is an important transportation hub, linking travelers to other major destinations in Turkey. The city itself city offers a lively arts and culture scene with a large concentration of museums, including the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations.  This would be a great place to visit today.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Amy and Richard!

No comments:

Post a Comment