Sunday, January 20, 2019

January 20, 2019 Sunday #LambofGod#Changingtimes#BattleofYungay#Italliantable!

Get Faith
John chapter 1"....And John testified, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him.  I myself did not knot know him, but one who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit'  And I myself have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God."  These words from John the Baptist tell us of the Spirit entering the Son - our triune God - manifested in Baptism and the water and the Word for your eternal life.  Thank God for our Savior.

On this day
1975  Chris and I went to the Northland Hudson store to change the prices on the picture frame moldings in their framing department.  This was a once in a while project that gave us a chance to see and talk to all the girls that worked there instead of just on the phone.  It was kind of fun.  I lived in Birmingham at the time and my brother Mark lived with me.  On this day he missed school because he was sick.  Poor guy, this was not unusual for him.  Mom came over for dinner, her new husband and Mark were not on good terms.   After dinner I went to Waynette's house that she had bought and moved into.  Times changed rapidly during those years.  How about you?  Where were you in 1975?

1839 - Chile defeated a confederation of Peru and Bolivia in the Battle of Yungay. I don't see too much South American history.  Another good story here I bet.

Arezzo Italy
Olive oil has always had a significant role in the national cuisine. Freshly baked bread and olive oil are always present on tables of Italians. Antipasto toscano is one more interesting dish that tourists are recommended to try. Sliced salami and ham are served together with bread and a bit of olive oil. Among first course dishes, locals prefer primo soup. Of course, each restaurant offers traditional Italian pasta and risotto. Vegetarian guests will be pleased to try various salads and vegetable soups that are always present in the menu regardless of the season. Copyright www.orangesmile.com  Sounds yummy!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Don, Carly and Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment