Friday, January 4, 2019

January 4, 2019 Friday#Jesus is the Way#Schooldays#Utah#Rome demolished.

Get Faith
John 14   Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.  If you know me, you will know my Father also.  From now on you do know him and have seen him..."  Jesus was always with God, they are one.  Jesus came as a human to show us the way to go, the truth to believe and how to live our lives to be better at life.  Now in believing in Jesus, you can understand your place in the kingdom that you have inherited with Christ.  Believing means that you spend time in worship, prayer and praise to God.  He wants your company.

On this day
2000  I got up, exercised, showered, packed lunches and made breakfast only to find that Nicole was not feeling well and was staying home.  She didn't miss a lot of school and being 15 I didn't have to call in a Grandma to come over.  I got ready and still picked up the guys that we drove to school everyday.  After all, I was going out and it was certainly not an imposition to take them.  I always enjoyed taking them to school - I got to hear the latest news and find out what was going on in their lives. 

1896 - Utah became the 45th U.S. state. Great snowboarding out there Nicole tells me.

Arezzo Italy
Around 261 AD the town council of Arezzo dedicated an inscription to its patron L. Petronius Taurus Volusianus. See that article for discussion of the possible political/military significance of Volusianus's association with the city.
In the 3rd to 4th century Arezzo became an episcopal seat: it is one of the few cities whose succession of bishops are known by name without interruption to the present day, in part because they were the feudal lords of the city in the Middle Ages. The Roman city was demolished, partly through the Gothic War and the invasion of the Lombards, partly dismantled, as elsewhere throughout Europe, and the stones reused for fortifications by the Aretines. Only the amphitheater remained.
A little ancient history and who demolished Rome.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment