Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 29, 2019 Tuesday#Believe#Kostere#MonaLisa#St DonatoePietro

Get Faith
Mark chapter 6  "Prophets are not without honor, except in their hometown, and among their own kin, and in their own house."  And he could do no deed of power there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and cured them.  And he was amazed at their unbelief."     Do you understand that his own family and neighbors, because they saw him grow up as a child - did not believe that he was the promised savior?  So, that tells us that what he did, and what he taught is for the believers, that those who believe in Him receive his healing and peace.  Do you believe?

On this day
1987   Nicole was two and Mom and I  took her over to Julie's house to play with her new baby Laura.  On the way home I had to stop at the pediatrician for Nicole to get her DTP shot.  I immunize!  At home I ordered flowers for Kostere  and then went to the funeral to pay my respects.  This man suffered incarceration in Russia and escaped the cold jail in Siberia on ski's with another man.  He was the kindest and most loving man I have met and could put away more vodka than any I knew also.  He was my friend Pete's grandfather.  The other man he escaped with wrote a book about their travels and Pete had it - in Russian.  I'd like to find it in English.

1987 - "Physician’s Weekly" announced that the smile on the face of Leonardo DeVinci's Mona Lisa was caused by a "...facial paralysis resulting from a swollen nerve behind the ear." So much for the secrecy theory.

Arezzo Italy
Cathedral of Ss. Donato e Pietro in Arezzo
Cathedral of Ss. Donato e Pietro in Arezzo - Credit: Luca Aless

No comments:

Post a Comment