Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 13, 2016 Wednesday #Pilates#notimeforwar#

Get Fit   
Pilates with a resistance ring.  This works out the legs, arms, abs and glutes.  You can go online and pull up exercises to get these results.  Do what works.

Get Faith
Ecclesiastes 3:8 "a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."  As the first line of the chapter goes "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."  Because God knows that we have all these things and have to deal with them?  We are not capable of change, these things will continue on till the end of the world.  When we are younger we believe we can make a difference, and we should hold on to that hope.  "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."  That is all we can do. It is the only thing within your control.

On this day
1968 - We had a lot of snow, but it doesn't stop a 20 year old from going out.  I went over to my Uncle Hank and Aust Teresa's house.  My journal said  TV and pool.  Now I know they had a pool but I can't remember it being heated or in an enclosure.  Then I remembered they also had a pool table in the rec room.  Now that sounds like a great activity for today!  If you don't have one, there are still pool halls around or the neighborhood bar.  Hmmmm.

1128 - Pope Honorius II granted a papal sanction to the military order known as the Knights Templar. He declared it to be an army of God. And yet they couldn't create peace either.  Did they try?

Family
When I was a kid we played games, cards, shot pool - or watched a movie together.  Our interests have changed a lot of that.  I haven't liked playing games for a while, but I think I would like to try it again.  I did enjoy card games too.  My favorite game was Battleship - duh duh duuuuh.  Right Nicole? Think of the money you could save by getting together with friends for a card game instead of an expensive dinner out?

Mykolvaiv Ukraine
The asteroid 8141 Nikolaev (1982 SO4) was discovered in 1982 by Nikolai Chernykh at the Crimean Astrophysical Observatory and was named in honor of the city.  Very nice!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  



No comments:

Post a Comment