Friday, January 15, 2016

January 15, 2016 Friday #Alvira#sexuality#skiing#churchriots#Achybreaky#awardbusiness!

Get Fit
To me dancing is the best way to exercise because you think you are having fun, not exercising.  I did  a little country line dancing in the living room this morning, with the blinds closed.  Fun.

Get Faith
Corinthians 7:1-7  This is a reading that you should really examine for yourself.  "But each has a
particular gift from God, one having one kind and another a different kind." vs 7b.   Not to be taken out of context.  Paul believed in celibacy.  I wonder why God gave us a gift that is so pleasurable but has so many problems that go with it as in unmarried mothers, rape, pediphiles and on and on.  There should be more self control involved, but like peace it isn't attainable.  Let us pray for more understanding, compassion and self control.

On this day 
1977 - Chris, Pam, Kathy and I went to Alpine skiing.  They were experienced  skiers and I was not, I recall spending a lot of time by myself that day. There were some nice easy hills that I accomplished but I also remember thinking I would enjoy cross country a lot more, but I never did.  Now I prefer warm sports, from a spectator place.  The best thing was when we got back to Chris' house her husband Steve had a turkey dinner ready.  He prefered cooking to skiing.  But you should get out there and try downhill or cross country.

1624 - Many riots occurred in Mexico when it was announced that all churches were to be closed. This would be interesting to find out why this happened?  

Parenting
I have been doing this video on Country line dancing for at least 20 years if not more.  Nicole used to get mad because while she was still in bed this music would come on - Achy Breaky Heart, Boot-Scooting Boogie and Alvira.  She complained they were in her head all day.  It could be worse I say.

Mykolaiv Ukraine

Awards[edit]

The Soviet Government awarded Mykolaiv the Order of the Red Banner of Labour on 31 December 1970, for successfully fulfilling its assignments for the development of industrial production, in the USSR's five-year economic plan.  This is a good thing but I wonder what strings were attached.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy birthday Art, Donna, Emily and Nicholas

No comments:

Post a Comment