Saturday, July 14, 2018

July 14, 2018 Saturday #NumberstoHebrews#WALK#Busydays#WatPothisomphon

Get Faith
Numbers 22   This is a story from when Israel was still wandering in the desert, part of the 40 year trek.  This was a group of 100,000's of people strong and so were feared when they approached any country.  They settled in the plains of Moab and camped along the Jordan across from Jericho.  Balak saw them and was terrified and sent for Balaam - a man of God.  He wanted Balaam to curse the Israelite's, not realizing they were protected by God himself.  Balaam knew, he was in touch with God and when he asked God, God gave his words to speak to Balak.  They were called oracles and there were 5 of them that finally got through to Balak.  YOU ARE MESSING WITH GOD'S PROMISED PEOPLE.  Even a donkey told them (yes it spoke).

After reading that I read from the book of Hebrews 4:12  "For the word of God is alive and active."  I'm not on any structured reading from the old testament and I look at the current devotional for a daily reading and am always surprised when the two match up.  God was speaking in the book of Numbers, written by Moses shortly before his death in 1406 BC, He was speaking to the Hebrews through Paul in the new testament after the death and resurrection of Christ and He speaks to us still.

Get Fit
I went for a walk this morning.  It is a beautiful day and was cool at 7 am when I went out.  I know I will be shopping later on and that counts for walking right?

On this day
2000  A lot going on this day which was a Friday.  I had to work so Mom was taking Nicole and Laura to drivers training.  I checked on Marty, he was in the hospital, doesn't say why.  Nicole and I went to Media Play and while I stayed home to dye my hair, Nicole and Jamie went up to the show.  We still miss that neighborhood show at 9 and Mack.

1223 - In France, Louis VIII succeeded his father, Philip Augustus. This sounds like lineage from the Roman emperors to French kings?

Udon Thani Thailand
Wat Pothisomphon & Sanjao Pu-Ya. Wat Pothisomphon, 20th-century Buddhist temple complex featuring a gilded central chedi with a viewing platforms on 2 floors. There is a great U Tube video on this place - worth seeing!

Enjoy the day! Make it memorable! Happy birthday Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment