Saturday, July 28, 2018

July 28, 2018 Saturday #Friends#brainexercise#choices#Expats!

Get Faith 
Proverbs 17:17 "A true friend is always loyal"  And good to have.  I have many good friends that I can trust and that are there when you need them.  I particularly don't like to burden my friends for too much, I think it is a good way to loose a friend.  All friendships slip at times with a wrong comment or missed event but a true friend will always forgive and forget.  The best friend we have is of course Jesus.  He is always available to listen to your troubles and remind you of the truly important things in life.

Get Fit
AM yoga.  I wondered this morning if I can't follow the video if I can remember this without it.  I should try, because it really is a great start to a day.  Maybe a good way to exercise my brain as well in remembering.

On this day
1967  This is a day I haven't read or remembered.  It was a Friday "Out to Walters beach with Lana & Mark.     I called Don met him at clubhouse - Big nothin  - home at 9:15  picked up Waynette played Tripoli all night."  I was 20 years old and apparently had specific things that I preferred - like my girlfriends and Tripoli over beer and boyfriends.  Lol,

1821 - Peru declared its independence from Spain.  Well at least someone had a big day!!

Udon Than Thailand

Udon Thani, or Udon for short, is an important regional hub that connects northeastern Thailand with the rest of the country as well as neighbouring Laos. Once a far-flung, sleepy provincial town, Udon sprang into action when the Thai and US governments built a joint-force military base there during the Vietnam War, bringing a large influx of GIs and Vietnamese immigrants to the city, thus creating a multi-culturally diverse base which lasts until today. Besides its military past, Udon is home to one of the world’s earliest bronze-age civilizations, at Ban Chiang. Archaeological evidence – earthenware pottery and bronze fragments – unearthed here suggest that the prehistoric settlements existed between 2100BC and 200AD. Other ancient structures and artifacts are also found inside Phu Phra Baht Historical Park. Here, rising amidst a vast sandstone mountain are peculiar rock formations, as well as dinosaur foot prints, cave paintings and Buddhist structures. Udon is approximately 560km from Bangkok. The urban centre, Udon City, is home to a large concentration of expats, some of whom settled down here after the war. Udon’s dining and nightlife scene is, therefore, culturally diverse and offers good choices. Most Booked HOTELSRating 

Read more at: http://www.thailand-guide.com/udon-thani/?cid=ch:OTH:001  So some of our young men stayed there!  

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Rebecca and Jeff!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment