Monday, July 16, 2018

July 16, 2018 Monday #Godourhelp#habitual#Thaifood!!!yum.

Get Faith
Psalm 90:1-2  "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting.  You are God."  I sang the song "O God, Our Help in Ages Past" by Isaac Watts written in 1719 this morning.  As you know (if you read my post everyday or a historian) our history is a constant stream of war, always has been.  Sad but true. It isn't surprising that the Bible mentions so often how our God supports us and we sing.  Isaac was also effected and wrote many hymns.   
     O God, our help in ages past,/ Our hope for years to come.
     Our shelter from the stormy blast, /And our eternal home.

Get Fit
Hey lets try Zombie Apocalypse Workout!!   NO? you say?  I'll stick with Jillian.

On this day
2002  I wish I had this energy level the way I used to start my day ' "exercised, shower, made lunch, had breakfast, watered plants, stopped at post office"  and then went to work, and I was never late.  I got there at 8 unless told otherwise.  The boss was so confident that I would be there, he would load a truck and wave to me when we passed on the road, after he left the shop open, with not another soul there - knowing I would be.  Nicole was (I believe) coaching basketball at Macomb College and had wrenched her neck the day before (but got adjustment at Bill the chiropractor).  After work Waynette picked me up and we went to Jacks for dinner with Barb, Kathy and Kay.  This week this group meets again, we started in December of 1996, every month, 22 years.

1774 - Russia and the Ottoman Empire signed the treaty of Kuchuk-Kainardji, ending their six-year war. What did I tell you about the wars?  And note the two involved here!?

Udon Thani Thailand
Thai cuisine (ThaiอาหารไทยRTGSahan thaipronounced [ʔāː.hǎːn tʰāj]) is the national cuisine of Thailand.
Thai cooking places emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components and a spicy edge. Thai chef McDang characterises Thai food as demonstrating "intricacy; attention to detail; texture; color; taste; and the use of ingredients with medicinal benefits, as well as good flavor", as well as care being given to the food's appearance, smell and context.[1] Australian chef David Thompson, an expert on Thai food, observes that unlike many other cuisines, Thai cooking rejects simplicity and is about "...the juggling of disparate elements to create a harmonious finish".[2]   Sounds poetic!
Yam wun sen kung: a spicy Thai salad with glass noodles and prawns

Looks beautiful!!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday -Sarah, Megan and Camielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment