Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 24, 2015 Discovery Day #kindness#gentleness#Pleasant#fish

Get Fit
Took a walk this morning, so beautiful a morning.  I am sadly lagging in my 10,000 steps a day program.  I thought doing day camp with elementary kids would do it, but the sessions are all at tables.  Not much moving.  Exercising our minds today. 


Get Faith
Psalm 23 - Gentleness and kindness.  We all know this psalm.  You hear it at every funeral.  That is because it is so comforting.  When things aren't going well - remind yourself "The Lord is my Shepherd - I lack nothing."  Lie down in the pasture and hear the brook and know that he will be with you always.  You prepare a table before me......


On this day
1977 - I went out to pick up lunch for the office at Quality Picture Frame.  I was rear ended in an accident.  I had a Maverick.  I don't ever recall owning a Maverick - and I had whip lash.  No wonder my neck hurts all the time.  Do you have a car that you don't remember?  Think about that.


1869 - Mary Ellen "Mammy" Pleasant officially became the Vodoo Queen in San Francisco, CA.  A little useless information.  Her name was what caught my attention - Pleasant Vodoo Queen.?


Parenting
I have been seeing all these little girls at day camp with their hair braided, beaded and done in ways I know takes a lot of time, with Mom sitting and daughter probably between her knees.  I see it as an act of love, time together that when I have asked - all the little girls enjoy.  Can I hear from someone else about this?


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties
     Donald Robertson was a young man, only 40 years old and well loved by everyone.  He was the youngest of his 5 siblings and the smartest by their account.  He had a huge heart, always looking out for everyone and was available if anyone needed a hand. 
     He was there if they needed help building a garage or house.  When you needed to move Dad always was there to help, even though he had a bad back.  He was a man’s man – loved to fish, hunt, play golf and go to stag outings with the guys.  He smoked and drank and everyone loved him.
Mauritania Africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X00zPPhiooY Fishing in Mauritania is a huge job and food provider but is being hurt by huge fishing company's that come in and take all the fish.


Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday Kathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment